Controls Project Engineer | Project Engineer | Controls
Connect 4 are working with a company that has recently won prestigious projects in the automotive sector, including an £80million project in the North West.
Because of the growth of the business they are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person who will be responsible for managing a Controls team and coordinate with sales, estimating, mechanical and Controls TL’s and installation and commissioning team.
- Understand the requirements for Controls Hardware, Fluids, Software design, the interface requirements with equipment needs, to produce an estimate that supports the proposed solutions.
- Develop relationships with the Customer to ensure they are confident with technical solutions, costs & resource support / strategy to deliver the project.
- Manage a team of Controls engineers and respective TL’s supporting the delivery of Control System projects.
- Demonstrate Lessons learnt are being followed up.
- At all times be aware of the project status including timing and scope changes.
- Be able to support all Controls, robotic and joining technical issues.
- Be able to support and coordinate the design and commissioning of PLC / Safety software, robot programming and joining technology activities if required.
- Visit the Customer to ensure what was agreed is being delivered & understand new project work strategies.
- Support Customer changes with cost & technical solutions.
- Be prepared to support the controls teams on the customers sites as required to deliver the project within the agreed restraints.
- Close the project in a timely manner including producing all required documentation.
- Complete Systems training to the customer if required.
- Develop and manage Budget KPI trackers including Actual and CTC activity, maintaining hours and cost control of all elements of Controls deliverables.
- Develop, instruct and monitor progress and resources in all areas of Controls deliverables to ensure on time delivery and quality.
- Manage Quality Assurance process, checklists, milestone events and sign offs.
Person / Experience Required
- Must have worked on Industrial Automation solutions preferably within the BIW/PWT sectors
- Proven background and history within project coordination, delivery, technical leadership and equipment commissioning.
- Be conversant and experienced with PLC & Robotic Systems
- Be conversant and experienced with Motion Control Systems.
- Be conversant with Microsoft main stream software packages that must include MS Project.
- Strong communication skills at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving & implementation of countermeasures.
- Be prepared if required to work within our Sectors of the Company’s organization to support International projects and use of common standards.
- Minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering and have an appreciation of Mechanical / Robotic engineering.
- Training qualification to support PLC programming.
- Experience of main stream joining technologies, such as spot welding, riveting and sealant
- Significant customer site working experience.
- Formal project management qualifications / experience preferred