Manufacturing Foreman Sheet Metal
We are working on behalf of an established sheet metal company that has been successfully supplying the industry for 50+ years, they’re looking for people to join their experienced team, offering great career progression, and a good team environment.
In this exciting role, you will act as the Liaison between production and production planning. You will play an important role in motivating, training, enforcing company policies, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees under your supervision.
- Ensure security of facilities during your shift hours.
- Ensure all safety and processing procedures are carried out.
- Make sure communications between management and operators are accurate.
- Train new employees and encourage existing employees.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place at all times.
- Investigate and report all incidents (spills, accidents, poor performance etc)
- Motivate others to meet demands established by the production schedule.
- Perform product final, in-process and post outside processing inspections and record results on the appropriate forms as required.
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 5 years of experience performing inspections in a sheet metal fabricating environment with proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidate must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies. The inspections must have been performed to engineering requirements per customer specification.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and perform necessary calculations.
- Extensive experience performing First Article Inspections in accordance with AS9100 standard and knowledge of applicable industry standards.
- Must be proficient with AS9100.
- Excellent people management skills and experience guiding a team of over 30 people.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- A high standard of written and oral communication.
- Ideal candidate must be adaptable, punctual and dependable.
- Organisational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced production environment.
- Fluent in English.