Proposal & Estimating | Contract | Manufacturing
Connect 4 are seeking a professional Proposals / Estimating engineer to help with the growth of a globally recognised company that have recently won large scale projects in the Midlands area.
Being the Proposals / Estimating engineer you will be preparing proposals and estimating for the projects, this will be preparing documents, attend meetings, gather and develop proposal documentation.
- Receipt of formal Enquiries (RFQs) from potential customers, promptly and accurately analysing the base requirements
- Convene Enquiry Review Meetings involving all appropriate personnel in order to support bid/no bid decisions
- To effectively develop a base Proposal and documentation ensuring that the outputs of other contributors are incorporated in the appropriate format into the Proposal document
- To provide timely and effective assistance in the preparation of commercial forecasts and budgetary information
- To ensure that the tasks necessary for the preparation of the associated proposal are properly apportioned and that these tasks are undertaken with due regard for the date of submission
- To provide timely and effective assistance in the preparation of the Estimate associated with the RFQ as required, including preparing and issuing the appropriate technical and commercial enquiries, as well as liaising with sub-suppliers in order to obtain sub-contract prices as required
- To either prepare or support the preparation of the final documentation for authorisation of the project internally and for submission to the client, and accurately maintain all necessary internal records relating to proposals, estimated costs, supporting documentation and drawings, including details of orders acquired as a result of proposals as well as those received as variations to existing orders
- To provide effective assistance with liaison with the potential customer at all stages of the Proposals process
- Upon receipt of a customer order, to collate all necessary technical and commercial data, to convene the “Sales Handover” meeting and to participate in the cascading of data to Project Team personnel
- Correct reporting and maintenance of files, folders and other records associated with commercial activities
- Formal presentation skills and computer literacy
- Report writing
- BIW manufacturing methods and processes and costings
- Understanding of project costs – design, management, installation, etc.
- Understanding of new technologies and methods
- Good level of numeracy and literacy