R&M Quality Engineer | Quality Engineer | Reliability & Maintainability Engineer
Connect 4 are working with a company that has recently won prestigious projects in the automotive sector, including an £80million project in the North West.
Because of the growth of the business they are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person who will be responsible for the complete delivery of the R&M 5-point process which will meet / exceed customer expectations within timing and cost constraints.
Being the experienced Quality Professional, you will work closely with Technical leaders, Project teams & Customers.
The R&M Quality Engineer is required to have the following skills and experience:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage and monitor complex R&M projects to ensure they are running to specification & on time
- To plan, organise, review and evaluate their work load to ensure project timings are met
- To Lead the project teams in investigation of quality issues using problem solving tools & reporting results to Customer using 8D .
- To manage & maintain the R&M Master Schedule throughout the project ensuring timings are in line with Project Master Schedule
- To create and maintain Environmental reports
- To Lead and facilitate PFMEAs with project teams & Customer
- To support the Technical Leaders & Site Plant Team when required
- Can manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Analyse & report top issues from equipment data capture
- Identify & create Reliability growth plans
- Document evidence within each folder of the 5 point process
- Create Life cycle costs for all zones determining the complete facility cost over a 10y period
- Collate Bill of Materials & equipment lists for the purpose of spare part management
- Will be responsible for liaising with Customer & Suppliers to arrange project specific training
- Will Plan and manage Supplier Application sign off through Design, Installation & Run at Rate for commodity equipment.
- Experience within the Quality department of Automotive/Manufacturing industry
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both internally & Customers / Suppliers
- Excellent knowledge of Problem solving techniques & tools
- Experience in APQP
- Good working knowledge of FMEAs
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office particularly Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover’s working practices and procedures
- Ability to lead a multi-functional team in PFMEA & Lessons Learnt
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Originality: the ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem. This includes the ability to curb or limit creativity when customer requirements and /or commonality of designs dictates.
- Ability to interpret DES & FRPs to report TA, MTTR & MTBF figures
- Training: Ability to train Project teams in the principles of R&M
Location: Midlands (some UK travel to customer sites will be required.)
Rate: £19 – £25.00ph